Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Off-Label Use of Atypical Antipsychotics: An Update
What To Discuss With Your Patients and Their Caregivers
Topics addressed in this summary can be presented in discussions with patients. These include:
- The potential benefits of antipsychotics for treating disorders that are not psychoses
- The risks of adverse effects, including irreversible harms, when antipsychotics are used
- The elevated mortality risk for elderly patients with dementia who take antipsychotics
- Patient and caregiver preferences and values regarding treatment
- Maglione M, Ruelaz Maher A, Hu J, et al. Off-Label Use of Atypical Antipsychotics: An Update. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 43 (Prepared by the Southern California RAND Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. HHSA 290-2007-10062-I). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; September 2011. AHRQ Publication No. 11(12)-EHC087-EF. Available at www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/offlabelantipsych.cfm.
Your slide tray is being processed.