Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Noninvasive Technologies for Diagnosing Coronary Artery Disease in Women
What To Discuss With Your Patients (2 of 2)
Other key points that should be discussed with your patients include:
- The relative accuracy of the noninvasive technologies (NITs) available for diagnosing coronary artery disease (CAD)
- Their physical status, health conditions, or medication use that might preclude the use of a certain diagnostic procedure
- The potential risks associated with the various NITs available for CAD diagnosis, particularly the risk of radiation exposure in younger women
- The possible consequences of an abnormal test result
Keywords: shared decisionmaking | patients | coronary artery disease | CAD | women | diagnosis | noninvasive technologies
- Dolor RJ, Patel MR, Melloni C, et al. Noninvasive Technologies for the Diagnosis of Coronary Artery Disease in Women. Comparative Effectiveness Review No. 58 (Prepared by the Duke Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2007-10061-I). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; June 2012. AHRQ Publication No. 12-EHC034-EF. Available at www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/diagnosecad.cfm.
Your slide tray is being processed.