Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Treatment for Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Adults: Comparative Effectiveness
Authors: Stephen C. Pappas, MD, JD
What To Discuss With Your Patients and Their Caregivers (2 of 2)
Other issues you should discuss with your patients and their caregivers regarding treatments for chronic hepatitis C virus (HCV) infection include:
- The available evidence for the effectiveness of the various regimens for treating chronic HCV infection
- The available evidence for the adverse effects associated with the various regimens for treating chronic HCV infection and what should be done if adverse effects develop
- The potential new therapies on the horizon and their possible impact on the treatment approach for the patient
- The possibility that other specialists might be involved in the patient’s care during the treatment process
- The potential out-of-pocket costs that the patient might incur for the various treatments based on his or her insurance coverage
Keywords: shared decisionmaking | hepatitis C | HCV | treatment | dual therapy | triple therapy | patients | caregivers
- Chou R, Hartung D, Rahman B, et al. Treatment for Hepatitis C Virus Infection in Adults: A Comparative Effectiveness Review. Evidence Report No. 76 (Prepared by the Oregon Evidence-based Practice Center under Contract No. 290-2007-10057-I). Rockville, MD: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; August 2012. AHRQ Publication No. 12-EHC113-EF. Available at www.effectivehealthcare.ahrq.gov/hepctreatment.cfm.
Your slide tray is being processed.