Add Presentation to Slide Tray Presentation:
Second-Generation Antidepressants for Treating Adult Depression—An Update
What To Discuss With Your Patients About Second-Generation Antidepressants
In order to facilitate shared decisionmaking in discussions with your patients, here are a few topics to start the exchange of information:
- The benefits of the different second-generation antidepressants for treating their specific symptoms.
- How they will know if their medication is working.
- How to identify the potential adverse effects of the medications and how to handle them.
- How long they may need to take their current antidepressant.
- The importance of adhering to their treatment regimens and what to expect if they stop taking their medications, such as withdrawal or discontinuation syndrome.
- To always consult their health care provider before discontinuing any medication.
- How their medications will affect the symptoms that may be accompanying their depression, such as anxiety, insomnia, or chronic pain.
- Their comorbidities and the medications they may be taking for them and how these may influence their depression-related outcomes.
Your slide tray is being processed.