Topic Suggestion Description
View Topic Suggestion Disposition
Date submitted: September 24, 2011
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- Reproductive health among urban slump
- Does your question include a comparison of different health care approaches? (If no, your topic will still be considered.)
- If yes, explain the specific technologies, devices, drugs, or interventions you would like to see compared:
- What patients or group(s) of patients does your question apply to? (Please include specific details such as age range, gender, coexisting diagnoses, and indications for therapy.)
- Age 20-39, local imigrants,teenage pregnancy with social problems such as drug addiction
- Are there subgroups of patients that your question might apply to? (For example, an ethnic group, stage or severity of a disease.)
- ends up with maternal and perinatal mortality
- Describe the health-related benefits you are interested in. (For example, improvements in patient symptoms or problems from treatment or diagnosis.)
- improvement of quality of life,health care accessibility
- Describe any health-related risks, side effects, or harms that you are concerned about.
- perinatal morbidity and mortality,maternal morbidity and mortality
Appropriateness for EHC Program
- Does your question include a health care drug, intervention, device, or technology available (or likely to be available) in the U.S.?
- Which priority area(s) and population(s) does this topic apply to? (check all that apply)
- EHC Priority Conditions (updated in 2008)
- AHRQ Priority Populations
- Federal Health Care Program
- Describe why this topic is important.
- to improve reproductive health care and quality of life of the affected population
- What specifically motivated you to ask this question? (For example, you are developing a clinical guideline, working with a policy with large uncertainty about the appropriate approach, costly intervention, new research you have read, items in the media you may have seen, a clinical practice dilemma you know of, etc.)
- working with some stakeholders to come out with intervention and policy to improve health status of the nation
- Does your question represent uncertainty for clinicians and/or policy-makers? (For example, variations in clinical care, controversy in what constitutes appropriate clinical care, or a policy decision.)
- If yes, please explain:
- Limited health care cost and lack of manpower
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- Will be tested in a quasi experimental community empowerment pilot project
- Describe the timeframe in which an answer to your question is needed.
- 6 Months
- Describe any health disparities, inequities, or impact on vulnerable populations your question applies to.
- lack of antenatal care among women working in industrial areas due to rigid working schedules,high percentage of unsafe deliveries,low coverage of immunization among mothers and children
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Are you making a suggestion as an individual or on behalf of an organization?
- Organization - Medical faculty in a public university
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program
- from internet and textbooks