Topic Suggestion Description
View Topic Suggestion Disposition
Date submitted: June 19, 2012
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- How can I receive medical help for seven years of outlier toxic metal ion blood serum levels and illnesses it has caused, when it has been hidden from FDA, doctor has denied me help, other doctors are either ignorant or afraid to treat me?
- Does your question include a comparison of different health care approaches? (If no, your topic will still be considered.)
- If yes, explain the specific technologies, devices, drugs, or interventions you would like to see compared:
- Chromosone abberations, neurotoxic, geneotoxic, cutaneous reactions...
- What patients or group(s) of patients does your question apply to? (Please include specific details such as age range, gender, coexisting diagnoses, and indications for therapy.)
- Cobalt, chromium ion levels in 3000 ppb. For seven years. Mettalosis, psudotumors, hypothyroid nodules, after 12 hip opertions including revisions because of the levels I am very ill and can not get appropriate help. 44 yr old female.
- Are there subgroups of patients that your question might apply to? (For example, an ethnic group, stage or severity of a disease.)
- Anyone with high levels of metal ions from orthopedic device.
- Describe the health-related benefits you are interested in. (For example, improvements in patient symptoms or problems from treatment or diagnosis.)
- Describe any health-related risks, side effects, or harms that you are concerned about.
Appropriateness for EHC Program
- Does your question include a health care drug, intervention, device, or technology available (or likely to be available) in the U.S.?
- Which priority area(s) and population(s) does this topic apply to? (check all that apply)
- EHC Priority Conditions (updated in 2008)
- Arthritis and nontraumatic joint disorders
- Cardiovascular disease, including stroke and hypertension
- Dementia, including Alzheimer's disease
- Depression and other mental health disorders
- Developmental delays, attention-deficit hyperactivity disorder, and autism
- Diabetes mellitus
- Functional limitations and disability
- Infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS
- Peptic ulcer disease and dyspepsia
- Pregnancy, including preterm birth
- Pulmonary disease/asthma
- Substance abuse
- AHRQ Priority Populations
- Low income groups
- Minority groups
- Individuals with special health care needs, including individuals with disabilities or who need chronic care or end-of-life health care
- Federal Health Care Program
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- Describe why this topic is important.
- I know the research is out there, I want the care deserved. I want to be able to care for my son and quit being lied to.
- What specifically motivated you to ask this question? (For example, you are developing a clinical guideline, working with a policy with large uncertainty about the appropriate approach, costly intervention, new research you have read, items in the media you may have seen, a clinical practice dilemma you know of, etc.)
- Does your question represent uncertainty for clinicians and/or policy-makers? (For example, variations in clinical care, controversy in what constitutes appropriate clinical care, or a policy decision.)
- If yes, please explain:
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- Describe the timeframe in which an answer to your question is needed.
- Describe any health disparities, inequities, or impact on vulnerable populations your question applies to.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Are you making a suggestion as an individual or on behalf of an organization?
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program