Topic Suggestion Description
View Topic Suggestion Disposition
Date submitted: July 20, 2012
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- For children who have been abused, is there any intervention or treatment that has an impact on the prevalence of mental illness in their future? Are online resileicy training programs more effective than community resources such as school or faith-based options?
- Does your question include a comparison of different health care approaches? (If no, your topic will still be considered.)
- If yes, explain the specific technologies, devices, drugs, or interventions you would like to see compared:
- Resiliency training delivered face to face versus in groups versus on-line
- What patients or group(s) of patients does your question apply to? (Please include specific details such as age range, gender, coexisting diagnoses, and indications for therapy.)
- Preschool children who are victims of abuse
- Are there subgroups of patients that your question might apply to? (For example, an ethnic group, stage or severity of a disease.)
- Describe the health-related benefits you are interested in. (For example, improvements in patient symptoms or problems from treatment or diagnosis.)
- Reduced incidence of mental illness in later childhood
- Describe any health-related risks, side effects, or harms that you are concerned about.
Appropriateness for EHC Program
- Does your question include a health care drug, intervention, device, or technology available (or likely to be available) in the U.S.?
- Which priority area(s) and population(s) does this topic apply to? (check all that apply)
- EHC Priority Conditions (updated in 2008)
- Functional limitations and disability
- AHRQ Priority Populations
- Federal Health Care Program
- Describe why this topic is important.
- Child abuse is highly prevalent, but there are few evidence-based protocols that are widely available or in use
- What specifically motivated you to ask this question? (For example, you are developing a clinical guideline, working with a policy with large uncertainty about the appropriate approach, costly intervention, new research you have read, items in the media you may have seen, a clinical practice dilemma you know of, etc.)
- Does your question represent uncertainty for clinicians and/or policy-makers? (For example, variations in clinical care, controversy in what constitutes appropriate clinical care, or a policy decision.)
- If yes, please explain:
- Few guidelines available
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- Promote insurance coverage for effective treatment
- Describe the timeframe in which an answer to your question is needed.
- not urgent
- Describe any health disparities, inequities, or impact on vulnerable populations your question applies to.
- Abused children
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Are you making a suggestion as an individual or on behalf of an organization?
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program
- On the mailing list