Maintenance NoticeAn infrastructure upgrade will take place on Friday, December 19 at approximately 2PM Eastern time. Please be aware you may experience temporary issues accessing the site at that point.
Topic Suggestion Description
View Topic Suggestion Disposition
Date submitted: February 14, 2013
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- It seem all you people live in a Ivy Tower! I would like to communicate with the Secretary. I have discovered a way you can Rejuvenate hearing, that you have lost,and even improve the hearing, and it is not a hearing aid or any drug! It is a very simple exercise you use, with a very simple devise,That exercises everything in the inner ear, in the COCHLEA! Now let me know if you are interested. This could be a whole new Ballgame in preventing Deafness.
- Does your question include a comparison of different health care approaches? (If no, your topic will still be considered.)
- If yes, explain the specific technologies, devices, drugs, or interventions you would like to see compared:
- Well nobody is working on this, hearing problem, they want to sell you a 6,000 dollar hearing aid, this would end a lot of this.
- What patients or group(s) of patients does your question apply to? (Please include specific details such as age range, gender, coexisting diagnoses, and indications for therapy.)
- Are there subgroups of patients that your question might apply to? (For example, an ethnic group, stage or severity of a disease.)
- Military, Seniors, anybody over 60
- Describe the health-related benefits you are interested in. (For example, improvements in patient symptoms or problems from treatment or diagnosis.)
- Hearing like you use to hear, love music! Almost everyone using these exercise will improve their Hearing.
- Describe any health-related risks, side effects, or harms that you are concerned about.
- Their could be a little Buss in the ear, for a short time, but this is just the fluid in the inner ear, that is just loosing up and settles down after you rest a while. You can also take a couple of aspirins to relax the inner ear tubes. Also your hearing could become too good. Should not use the devise if you have a cold.
Appropriateness for EHC Program
- Does your question include a health care drug, intervention, device, or technology available (or likely to be available) in the U.S.?
- Which priority area(s) and population(s) does this topic apply to? (check all that apply)
- EHC Priority Conditions (updated in 2008)
- Dementia, including Alzheimer's disease
- Depression and other mental health disorders
- Functional limitations and disability
- AHRQ Priority Populations
- Low income groups
- Minority groups
- Individuals with special health care needs, including individuals with disabilities or who need chronic care or end-of-life health care
- Federal Health Care Program
- State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP)
- Describe why this topic is important.
- The cost of Rejuvenation of hearing exercises and the devise could be less than 25 dollars.
- What specifically motivated you to ask this question? (For example, you are developing a clinical guideline, working with a policy with large uncertainty about the appropriate approach, costly intervention, new research you have read, items in the media you may have seen, a clinical practice dilemma you know of, etc.)
- There is nothing like this procedure, or the way this devise is used anywhere! I have also not released anything on the media. I expect, that this will be available to use to everybody in the world. This is to be open to the Public.
- Does your question represent uncertainty for clinicians and/or policy-makers? (For example, variations in clinical care, controversy in what constitutes appropriate clinical care, or a policy decision.)
- If yes, please explain:
- Like anything new yes, this is a whole new field.
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- Well if you don't want to handle it, China will!
- Describe the timeframe in which an answer to your question is needed.
- Like, how important is it to you?
- Describe any health disparities, inequities, or impact on vulnerable populations your question applies to.
- It might hurt the Hearing aid business.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Are you making a suggestion as an individual or on behalf of an organization?
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program