Topic Suggestion Description
Date submitted: February 23, 2013
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- I have had skin problems ever since I moved here to Arizona..ulcerated sores that do not heal for months on end! The doctors here have done biopsies and found no name for this skin disease!
So because they do not know what is causing them they accused me of scratching myself and making the big open sores myself! The dermatologists here have been quite abusive verbally towards me and I refuse to return to see them!
I am 75 yrs old and do not deserve to be treated this way!
So I have had this disease off and on for years now..especially in the summer months when it is so hot! The sores are not as bad as they were ..thank God! A cancer doctor said I was infested with Fungus a few years back and gave me Nystatin ointment which I use on the on the few I have now on my face.....there seems to be NO cure for these skin sores...even Fluconazole did not help and was told by doctors to not take it anymore!
The very worst part of all this is that all the doctors but one wrote in my records that I was the one causing the sores by scratching myself! This is a lie! And....so everytime I see a new doctor they read these lies in my medical records...and I have been unable to get any real help for myself....
I bathe often and try and keep myself clean but it makes no difference..I seem to have an allergy to the sun and so this may have something to do with me breaking out...no one seems to know
It is discouraging to not be able to get any real answers from anyone!
I have had valley fever three times also..and have been very sick from the dust storms that blow bacteria and disease around the state! This is such an unhealthy place to live!
- Does your question include a comparison of different health care approaches? (If no, your topic will still be considered.)
- If yes, explain the specific technologies, devices, drugs, or interventions you would like to see compared:
- What patients or group(s) of patients does your question apply to? (Please include specific details such as age range, gender, coexisting diagnoses, and indications for therapy.)
- any age, any gender, any fair skinned white person,
- Are there subgroups of patients that your question might apply to? (For example, an ethnic group, stage or severity of a disease.)
- Seniors with immune systems that do not work well.
- Describe the health-related benefits you are interested in. (For example, improvements in patient symptoms or problems from treatment or diagnosis.)
- Better and kinder treatment from the doctors and medical staff in the hospitals and doctor's offices......
More tolerance towards seniors...and gentler treatment...some can be so rough!
Improvements in how we are diagnosed and being given some hope that there is a cure of some kind!
- Describe any health-related risks, side effects, or harms that you are concerned about.
- Being given drugs that interact with those i am already taking..and no Narcotics!
Doctors need to be more aware of the drugs they prescribe and the side effects!
One heart doctor was giving me TWO strong blood thinners at the same time! They almost killed me!
I stopped taking them both a year ago..and have done much better!
Appropriateness for EHC Program
- Does your question include a health care drug, intervention, device, or technology available (or likely to be available) in the U.S.?
- Which priority area(s) and population(s) does this topic apply to? (check all that apply)
- EHC Priority Conditions (updated in 2008)
- Cardiovascular disease, including stroke and hypertension
- Depression and other mental health disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Functional limitations and disability
- Infectious diseases, including HIV/AIDS
- Peptic ulcer disease and dyspepsia
- Pulmonary disease/asthma
- AHRQ Priority Populations
- Low income groups
- Minority groups
- Individuals with special health care needs, including individuals with disabilities or who need chronic care or end-of-life health care
- Federal Health Care Program
- Describe why this topic is important.
- Because nothing seems to be changing here....as far as the unhealthy environment.....so many people with breathing problems...lung diseases from valley fever....
unhealthy drinking water facilities, food poisoning from employees in restaurants who do not wash their hands or follow healthy procedures to keep food safe that is left out..etc. Unclean restrooms for the public....
Too many dust storms from vacant lots where nothing is planted to keep the dust down...and no solution in sight!
We need more doctors and nurses who are compassionate and caring enough to treat everyone the same without regard to their gender, race, or age....and have more knowledge of natural health care instead of poking more and more dangerous new pills on a patient!
Side effects of different pills the doctors have given us over the years CAN and DO kill people!
How many doctors check their literature about combining certain drugs and their dangerous side effects BEFORE they write that prescription?
I am fighting back and saying NO to most of the drugs the doctors prescribe for me! I also look them up and the dangerous combinations of certain drugs....and what they can do to me!
- What specifically motivated you to ask this question? (For example, you are developing a clinical guideline, working with a policy with large uncertainty about the appropriate approach, costly intervention, new research you have read, items in the media you may have seen, a clinical practice dilemma you know of, etc.)
- New research I have read...items in the media I have seen and heard.....
Talking to friends and my own horrible experiences!
- Does your question represent uncertainty for clinicians and/or policy-makers? (For example, variations in clinical care, controversy in what constitutes appropriate clinical care, or a policy decision.)
- If yes, please explain:
- Don't know..
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- Hopefully the medical profession will wake up and put their patients first...and care enough to learn more about their patients and what they want...what is good for them...alternative treatment methods that are healthier and safer!
I sincerely hope they will begin to take the time to study the diseases that crop up time and time again in hot desert climates....and do their own research to help all the people who cannot breathe without difficulty..who constantly cough....and have runny noses from allergies...who have sores that do not heal...(I am not diabetic..nor do I have cancer...) Flu symptoms from Valley fever that hang on and hang on...and can destroy a person's lungs!
- Describe the timeframe in which an answer to your question is needed.
- 6 months...
- Describe any health disparities, inequities, or impact on vulnerable populations your question applies to.
- ALL races, Ages, Genders
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Are you making a suggestion as an individual or on behalf of an organization?
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program