Topic Suggestion Description
View Topic Suggestion Disposition
Date submitted: March 28, 2013
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- Who should be the one to say when a PATIENT no longer deserves REHABILITATION in PHYSICAL THERAPY, whether it is In-HOME, or OUT-PATIENT THERAPY? WHO CONTACT?
- Does your question include a comparison of different health care approaches? (If no, your topic will still be considered.)
- If yes, explain the specific technologies, devices, drugs, or interventions you would like to see compared:
- What patients or group(s) of patients does your question apply to? (Please include specific details such as age range, gender, coexisting diagnoses, and indications for therapy.)
- My WIFE's CASE has been ongoing since 1990! Partly due to incomplete PHYSICAL THERAPY!
- Are there subgroups of patients that your question might apply to? (For example, an ethnic group, stage or severity of a disease.)
- Type# 2 DIABETICS! Which I feel could have been AVOIDED!
- Describe the health-related benefits you are interested in. (For example, improvements in patient symptoms or problems from treatment or diagnosis.)
- Improve the SYSTEM; such as MEDICARE coverage, which is now standing in the way of MEDICAID, ever since it became PRIMARY INS.! This caused MY WIFE's MEDICAID to become INACTIVE, along with HOME HEALTH care AGENCIES, backing out with SERVICE due to this!
- Describe any health-related risks, side effects, or harms that you are concerned about.
- I know of another patient who lost both LEGS before, from DIABETES! I am trying to avoid this from happening to MY WIFE!
Appropriateness for EHC Program
- Does your question include a health care drug, intervention, device, or technology available (or likely to be available) in the U.S.?
- Which priority area(s) and population(s) does this topic apply to? (check all that apply)
- EHC Priority Conditions (updated in 2008)
- Dementia, including Alzheimer's disease
- Depression and other mental health disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Functional limitations and disability
- AHRQ Priority Populations
- Low income groups
- Individuals with special health care needs, including individuals with disabilities or who need chronic care or end-of-life health care
- Federal Health Care Program
- Describe why this topic is important.
- Because MY WIFE is now living off of ONE KIDNEY! WHEN it goes, that will be the end of MY WIFE! This also could have been AVOIDED, had our family doctor not RETIRED in the middle of HER CASE! Along with PATIENT DUMPING by HOME HEALTH AGENCIES, DENYING MY WIFE'S REHABILITATION, using INS. limitations of MEDICARE!
- What specifically motivated you to ask this question? (For example, you are developing a clinical guideline, working with a policy with large uncertainty about the appropriate approach, costly intervention, new research you have read, items in the media you may have seen, a clinical practice dilemma you know of, etc.)
- Because the same thing keeps happening over and over, by different AGENCIES! Now HER OUT-PATIENT PHYSICAL THERAPIST is starting to turn HER away, over the same reason: THE so-called SYSTEM!
- Does your question represent uncertainty for clinicians and/or policy-makers? (For example, variations in clinical care, controversy in what constitutes appropriate clinical care, or a policy decision.)
- If yes, please explain:
- I do not know who is calling the shots, or who is standing in who's way, of completing MY WIFE's CARE!
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- I am not the one making the decisions to stop MY WIFE's REHABILITATION!
- Describe the timeframe in which an answer to your question is needed.
- Due to some DENIALS by different H.H.AGENCIES, the longer MY WIFE goes without SERVICE, the less chance SHE will have for RECOVERY!
- Describe any health disparities, inequities, or impact on vulnerable populations your question applies to.
- I do not understand this topic!
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Are you making a suggestion as an individual or on behalf of an organization?
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program
- Internet Research!