Topic Suggestion Description
View Topic Suggestion Disposition
Date submitted: June 20, 2013
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- Does creatine monohydrate increase DHT or estradiol and is it a potential risk factor for hair loss.
- Describe why this topic is important.
- A lot of people supplement with creatine. It is also found in meat. Hair loss is a global problem.
DHT is a large factor of hair loss. I've seen studies that suggest DHT increases body hair, acne, aggression and libido.
I've also seen a study where DHT up-regulated the gene expression of hypocretin, and pro-melanin-concentrating hormone. This would affect feeding behavior, mood, sleep-wake cycle and energy balance.
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- The results will establish whether creatine affects hair loss and what impact it has on DHT.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Creatine Consumer
- If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program