Topic Suggestion Description
Date submitted: August 14, 2013
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- Topic: Prevention of Obstetrical Brachial Plexus Injuries. Babies are injured during birth- some will recovery , others have lifelong disabilities with Erb's Palsy, requiring therapy and surgeries to improve positioning and function of the affected limb.
- Describe why this topic is important.
- Babies are being injured at birth. With preventative care and proper delivery options less children may have this life-long injury. Many babies need Early Intervention and years of therapy and possible surgery.
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- OBs and Labor and Delivery Personnel will be better educated to prevent the injury. Parents will be more aware to speak up to prevent a difficult labor and delivery.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- caregiver for a child with disabilities from a Brachial Plexus Injury
- If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program
- I am a PT and learned of it when taking my Medical Errors class for relicensure