Topic Suggestion Description
Date submitted: February 15, 2014
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
- How the baseline level of BGL and /or HbA1 is correlated with the effectiveness of existing diabetis II terapies.
- Describe why this topic is important.
- While reading research literature I noticed that most research deals with relatively advanced cases of diabetics type II while I am a patient with pre-diabetic condition and do not see tangible change in my BGL despite the fact that I am taking the medication.
Obviously I can be belonging to this group of patients who are not responsive to the drug but also the drug may have not be able to produce desirable effect when the disease conditions have not yet progressed.
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
- Obviously will benefit patients with prediabetics conditions.... could be that it does not make sense for me to take drug at all and just wait with starting drug terapy for the full development of disease.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program