New 5-Year Contracts Awarded to Evidence-based Practice Centers in December 2019
The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) created the Evidence-based Practice Centers (EPCs) in 1997. In December 2019, 5-year contracts were awarded to 9 EPCs.
These Centers will continue to develop evidence reviews to inform healthcare decisionmaking; promote the uptake of evidence, including health systems; and invest in research methods to improve the quality, usefulness and efficiency of evidence reviews.
These EPCs are:
- Brown University, Center for Evidence-based Medicine, Providence, RI—Thomas Trikalinos, M.D., Ph.D.
- ECRI—Penn Medicine Evidence-based Practice Center, Plymouth Meeting, PA—Karen Schoelles, M.D., S.M.
- Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, MD—Eric B. Bass, M.D., M.P.H., and Karen A. Robinson, Ph.D.
- Kaiser Permanente Research Affiliates, Portland, OR—Jennifer S. Lin, M.D., M.C.R., FACP, and Elizabeth A. O'Connor, Ph.D.
- Mayo Clinic Evidence-based Practice Center, Rochester, MN—M. Hassan Murad, M.D., M.P.H.
- Minnesota Evidence-based Practice Center, Minneapolis, MN—Mary E. Butler, PhD, MBA and Timothy J. Wilt, M.D., M.P.H.
- Pacific Northwest Evidence-based Practice Center—Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR—Roger Chou, M.D.
- RTI–UNC Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC), Chapel Hill, NC—Meera Viswanathan, Ph.D.
- Southern California Evidence-based Practice Center, Santa Monica, CA—Susanne Hempel, Ph.D.