The healthcare field is struggling with urgent questions about how to respond to the current COVID-19 pandemic. Health systems, clinicians, policymakers, and the general public want evidence to inform critical decisions. In this period of clinical uncertainty, the AHRQ Evidence-based Practice Center (EPC) Program has rapidly summarized the current available evidence in response to urgent questions about promising options to control the COVID-19 pandemic.
AHRQ has collated EPC reports to further disseminate trustworthy and rigorous research to inform healthcare decision making. This online resource will be updated regularly.
Commentaries and Brief Updates Related to AHRQ Evidence Reports
The EPC Program has identified existing evidence reports that can help the healthcare field care for patients during this global pandemic. Because these reviews were developed before the COVID-19 pandemic, the EPC Program has commissioned white paper commentaries to contextualize the findings to the current situation and inform decision making. In some cases, the program has commissioned a rapid evidence product as an update or a related review.
- Evidence Base for Telehealth: Reassurance in the Face of the Rapid Expansion During the COVID-19 Pandemic: A White Paper Commentary.
- Resource Allocation and Pandemic Response: An Evidence Synthesis To Inform Decision Making (Rapid Review).
- No-Touch Modalities for Disinfecting Patient Rooms in Acute Care Settings: A Rapid Review (Rapid Review).
Original Living Rapid Reviews
In the face of a rapidly changing field and an ongoing pandemic in which people need to make healthcare decisions quickly, the EPC Program has commissioned rapid reviews to inform critical questions by partner organizations. The EPC Program will update these reviews regularly as "living reviews," including new studies and context, to keep the medical community and public informed. These living reviews can help healthcare decision makers know what evidence is available or pending and what areas are most promising for future research.
- Masks for Prevention of COVID-19 in Healthcare and Community Settings: A Living Rapid Review.
- Antibody Response Following SARS-CoV-2 Infection and Implications for Immunity: A Living Rapid Review
Other AHRQ and Federal Resources
- AHRQ's COVID-related activities.
- Get the latest public health information from CDC at coronavirus.gov.
- Get the latest research through a freely available literature hub from the National Library of Medicine.
- CDC: Coronavirus Disease Situation Summary
- HHS: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Updates
- USA.gov: Government Response to Coronavirus, COVID-19