This webinar from June 19, 2013, brought together experts in the fields of Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR) and Patient-Centered Outcomes Research (PCOR) to discuss ways in which lessons from CBPR can be used to improve stakeholder engagement in PCOR. The goals of CBPR resemble those of PCOR in several respects. Both include an emphasis on the participation of individuals outside the traditional scientific paradigm, with the ultimate goal of improving health outcomes.
- Listen to the Web conference in streaming media format (MP3) or read the transcript (HTML).
- View the slide presentation in PowerPoint (9.4 MB) or text format (HTML).
For help viewing the presentation materials, visit Viewers, Players and Plug-ins.
- Patricia Deverka, M.D., M.S., M.B.E., Center for Medical Technology Policy
- Dwyan Y. Monroe, B.A., Community Outreach Trainer/Patient Representative
- C. Daniel Mullins, Ph.D., University of Maryland School of Pharmacy
- Madeleine Shalowitz, M.D., M.B.A., NorthShore Research Institute
- Nina Wallerstein, Dr.P.H., M.P.H., University of New Mexico School of Medicine