The Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) has designed this guide to encourage patients, researchers, clinicians, and others to become involved in its Effective Health Care (EHC) Program. The guide highlights opportunities to take part in the program and describes what to expect throughout the process.
Stakeholders can contribute to the EHC Program in a variety of ways. As discussed in this Guide, opportunities include:
- Suggesting a topic for researchers to study.
- Making comments on the key questions that researchers plan to ask in a study.
- Making comments on the draft reports before the researchers publish them.
- Submitting scientific information packets to researchers. These packets provide detailed information related to the specific comparative effectiveness research questions.
- Contacting us to suggest research priorities or to volunteer to help researchers refine research ideas, develop a research approach or shape research products and tools.
- Using our research summaries and other materials and recommend them to others.