To familiarize new investigators with the methodological framework and guidance outlined in the Methods Guide for Medical Test Reviews, AHRQ has created these training modules for faculty engaged in educating investigators and clinicians interested in systematic review methods for medical tests.
- Introduction to the Methods Guide for Medical Test Reviews (PPT; 1.4 MB)
- Developing the Topic and Structuring the Systematic Reviews of Medical Tests: Utility of PICOTS, Analytic Frameworks, Decision Trees, and Other Frameworks (PPT; 2.3 MB)
- Choosing the Important Outcomes for a Systematic Review of a Medical Test (PPT; 2.1 MB)
- Effective Search Strategies for Systematic Reviews of Medical Tests (PPT; 2.0 MB)
- Assessing Risk of Bias as a Domain of Quality in Medical Test Studies (PPT; 2.1 MB)
- Assessing Applicability of Medical Test Studies in Systematic Reviews (PPT; 1.4 MB)
- Grading the Strength of a Body of Evidence on Diagnostic Tests (PPT; 2.4 MB)
- Meta-analysis of Test Performance When There Is a “Gold Standard” (PPT; 2.5 MB)
- Options for Summarizing Medical Test Performance in the Absence of a “Gold Standard” (PPT; 2.7 MB)
- Deciding Whether To Complement a Systematic Review of Medical Tests With Decision Modeling (PPT; 2.0 MB)
- Challenges in and Principles for Conducting Systematic Reviews of Genetic Tests Used as Predictive Indicators (PPT; 2.2 MB)
- Systematic Review of Prognostic Tests (PPT; 1.4 MB)
*These presentations are available in PowerPoint format only. People using assistive technology may not be able to fully access information in these files. For additional assistance, please contact us.
Note: Users of some versions of Microsoft Internet Explorer may discover that the slides appear in their browser window when they select the link above. In that case, the presentation in the browser window may be saved by selecting "Save As" under the browser "File" menu. The file can then be opened and viewed in Microsoft PowerPoint.