Topic Suggestion Description
Date submitted: May 10, 2016
- Briefly describe a specific question, or set of related questions, about a health care test or treatment that this program should consider.
Evidence gaps for mHealth tools in diabetes
- Describe why this topic is important.
More and more tools and mobile health products are being developed and promoted to payers, clinicians and patients to prevent or improve diabetes. The evidence supporting the value of these tools is limited and leaves payers and clinicians uncertain of their value in improving outcomes for patients.
- How will an answer to your research question be used or help inform decisions for you or your group?
The lack of evidence is hampering third-party payers from making coverage policies and causing some skepticism about the potential for fraudulent claims for mHealth products that could lead to their use over in-person services shown to provide value in diabetes care.
- Other Information About You: (optional)
- Please choose a description that best describes your role or perspective: (you may select more than one category if appropriate)
- Managed Care Pharmacist
- If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization
- Please tell us how you heard about the Effective Health Care Program