Research Available for Comment
The Effective Health Care (EHC) Program encourages the public to participate in the development of its research projects. Comments can be submitted for:
- Research key questions
- Draft reports of research findings
- Draft methods guidance by the Evidence-based Practice Center Program
- White Papers
When the key questions, draft reports, and white papers of EHC Program research projects are made available for public comment, they are posted on this Web page. Read the Guidelines for Peer and Public Reviewers. (PDF; 119 kB) To ensure the timeliness of the research development effort and the currency of the research findings, all key questions are posted for 3 weeks and all draft reports and white papers are posted for 4 weeks. For timeliness, all comments must be submitted by 11:59 p.m. eastern time on the final day of the comment period.
Guidance for submitting comments:
- Comments should be submitted for the purpose of improving the draft report. AHRQ reserves the right not to respond to comments that are hostile or inappropriate.
- Combine all comments from your organization into one response.
- Do not include medical information about yourself or another person from which you or the person could be identified.
- AHRQ reserves the right to summarize and edit comments, or not to publish them at all, if we consider the comments too long, or publication would be unlawful or otherwise inappropriate.
- Please provide full references to articles or other materials.
If you would like to be notified when new key questions, draft reports, or white papers are available for comment, please Join the Email List.
Note: Draft Reports with a New Look
In an effort to make draft reports shorter and easier to read, we are phasing in new designs for evidence reports and summaries. Evidence Summaries have been redesigned to be no longer than four pages and present only a high-level look at the report and its findings. For full reports, much of the detail will be moved to appendixes, so that the most important findings are easier to locate and to understand. In this transition period, some reports and Evidence Summaries will be formatted under the new design and some will be formatted as they were in the past.
The Draft Reports available for comment are:
For draft reports, all comments submitted during the draft report review period and the report authors’ responses to the comments (the “disposition of comments”) will be publicly posted on this Web site within 3 months after the final report is posted. Each comment on the draft report will be listed with the associated name and affiliation, if such information is provided.
For draft key questions, comments will be taken into consideration and may potentially result in modifications to the final key questions; however, individual comments will not be identified or posted, except in summary form.