1. What is the decision or change (e.g. clinical topic, practice guideline, system design, delivery of care) you are facing or struggling with where a summary of the evidence would be helpful?
This request is coming from Canadian Health Institution looking to change the way healthcare is delivered to underserviced communities, high risk, vulnerable, hard to reach individual across our region. The goal is to increase access and reduce the overall burden of disease while measuring the impact in dollars and emergency room visits.
2. Why are you struggling with this issue?
There are not many models in Canada that have Key Performance Indicators attached nor can we find a model to replicate that has shown significant success with the identified population.
3. What do you want to see changed? How will you know that your issue is improving or has been addressed?
We would like to increase those patients that are not attached to a primary care doctor now become rostered with a Primary care. We would want to essentially see a decrease in the usage of the ER from that subset of population. Identify what quality of life indicators we could create/capture as we build our mobile model of health care delivery.
4. When do you need the evidence report?
5. What will you do with the evidence report?
Utilize the research adn best practice to create a model of delivery that will impact the overall health of our most vulnerable patients across our region.
Optional Information About You
May we contact you if we have questions about your nomination? Yes