1. What is the decision or change (e.g. clinical topic, practice guideline, system design, delivery of care) you are facing or struggling with where a summary of the evidence would be helpful?
I'm on methadone maintenance at the [redacted]. I've been stable for several years and have to start my day by going to the clinic, where most people are still actively using, have diseases, and don't wear their marks at all times and touch everything. It's very unsanitary.
2. Why are you struggling with this issue?
I have the biggest concern with my health and the health of my loved ones. Also, clients like myself, who are and have been stable with all clean swabs for over a year or 2 shouldn't have to be around active addicts every morning. Also, my disabilities make it even harder to tolerate the daily 40minute trip each way and then the standing in line with people that are under the influence of illegal substances and always talk about it.
3. What do you want to see changed? How will you know that your issue is improving or has been addressed?
I want to be able to be prescribed it through my primary care doctor. Not only has he been treating me for about 10 years now, he can better monitor me and it wouldn't have to be every morning. He also specializes in substance use disorder, recovery, pain management along with internal medicine. I also live close to my pharmacy and his office isn't far either. It will also greatly reduce the number of people I have to come into contact with on a regular basis.
4. When do you need the evidence report?
5. What will you do with the evidence report?
I will take it to not only my clinician at the methadone clinic but I'll share it with my primary care doctor.
It's to help slow down the spread of disease and overdoses.
Optional Information About You
What is your role or perspective? Patient
May we contact you if we have questions about your nomination? Yes