Orthopedic Regenerative Medicine
1. What is the decision or change you are facing or struggling with where a summary of the evidence would be helpful?
The Safety and efficacy of "Regenerative" treatments in the treatment of orthopedic conditions.
2. Why are you struggling with this issue?
There has been great controversy in this area with concerns raised by basic scientists and the FDA; however, basic science, animal and nonrandomized studies show great potential for these treatments as an option to current surgical and nonsurgical treatments.
3. What do you want to see changed? How will you know that your issue is improving or has been addressed?
I would like to create a SCIENTIC review that allows for more robust information for clinicians and patients seeking these treatments.
4. When do you need the evidence report?
5. What will you do with the evidence report?
This report will very useful to many: patients, clinicians, insurers and regulatory agencies. This is ongoing area of great controversy and concern by the FDA as well as the general public.
(Optional) About You
What is your role or perspective? Physician/clinician/provider as well clinical researcher
If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization: Interventional Orthobiologics Foundation
May we contact you if we have questions about your nomination? Yes