Updating Treatment for Fecal Incontinence X
1. What is the decision or change you are facing or struggling with where a summary of the evidence would be helpful?
I am interested in the bulking agent for fecal incontinence called Solesta and I want it to be approved by Medicare because it does treat fecal incontinence and does a good job doing it and I wanted to be reevaluated. The cash price is too high for the most needy patients i.e. patients or Medicare who suffer from fecal incontinence to get it
2. Why are you struggling with this issue?
Medicare does not cover this medication because I believe is still deemed experimental however it has been on the market for a long time and it works and works well.
3. What do you want to see changed? How will you know that your issue is improving or has been addressed?
I want Medicare to cover this medication I want the data to be reevaluated as there is a new data now There’s also long-term better now that shows that this medication is effective in treating fecal incontinence
4. When do you need the evidence report?
5. What will you do with the evidence report?
How are use this evidence report to show patients how it works and works well for Fecal incontinence and hopefully this evidence will be used to have Medicare approve and pay for this so that the neediest patients can get this medication.
(Optional) About You
What is your role or perspective? Physician
May we contact you if we have questions about your nomination? No
Title: Colorectal surgeon