Sacroiliac Joint Pain
1. What is the decision or change you are facing or struggling with where a summary of the evidence would be helpful?
I am interested in a study of how the hormones and menstruation cause debilitating pain of the Sacroiliac Joint in many woman. I believe there needs to be more information available to doctors to diagnose this growing problem.
2. Why are you struggling with this issue?
I have Sacroillitis, SI joint dysfunction (hyper-mobile Sacroiliac Joint). Symptoms which started after giving birth 7 years ago to a large child. I have had many steroid injections, ablations and epidurals. My pain is exasperated surrounding the 2+ weeks of menstruation. While it does cause discomfort other times of the month, I believe hormones and the possible release of relaxin causes the joint to become more hyper-mobile then other times.
3. What do you want to see changed? How will you know that your issue is improving or has been addressed?
I want to see more information available to doctors. I have been to at least 5 including Physiatrist, orthopedics and OBGYN all of who treat different areas. I believe they are closely related.
4. When do you need the evidence report?
5. What will you do with the evidence report?
Share with my doctors to come up with a plan to resolve the chronic pain. There are several woman in a Health Facebook group who I belive would be on board and provide information for the study.
(Optional) About You
What is your role or perspective?
If you are you making a suggestion on behalf of an organization, please state the name of the organization:
May we contact you if we have questions about your nomination?